You’ll have to get out your blender for this week’s nutrition challenge! Feel free to indulge in your favourite smoothie recipes, ask a co-worker for their favourite recipe or search one up on the internet.
Challenge 1. Try adding one smoothie into your diet this week.
Challenge 2. Pre-prepare one smoothie the night before a busy day so you have breakfast ready for the next day.
Challenge 3. Meal prep at least three smoothies for the week and store in the freezer.
This Week’s Recipes
Mango Vanilla Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups mango cubes
- 2/3 cup vanilla yogurt (organic preferred, but not required)
- 2/3 cup cold water (filtered water preferred, but not required
- Optional: 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves (for extra dense nutrients points!) Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Serves 2.
- Handful of any greens (spinach works well, if you’re adventurous you can try kale 😉 )
- 1/2 cup of pineapple
- 1/2 cup of strawberries
- 1/2 a banana
- 1 cup coconut milk (add more if needed)
Chia/hemp or flax seeds
Raw honey if it isn’t sweet enough
Scoop of vanilla protein powder
Blend together. You can prep the night before without the liquid ingredients, which can be added in the morning. Carry to work with ice cubes to keep it cool. Sip during the day! Serves 1.
Hardcore Green Smoothie
1 cup coconut water or plain water (filtered preferred but not required); add more if needed
1/2 cup kale leaves, roughly chopped
1/2 cup swiss chard leaves, roughly chopped
1/2 cup baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
1 cup parsley
1/2 cup seedless cucumber, sliced
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 apple, cored, roughly chopped
1 banana or 1/2 cup mango cubes
*Power up by choosing organic ingredients!
Blend together. You can prep the night before without the liquid ingredients, which can be added in the morning. Serves 2-3. Enjoy!
See you next week!